Responsible for the complete coordination and follow-up of all groups, to include group activities, both on and off property; transportation; billing arrangements; and meeting and food and beverage requirements. Responsible for sales and promotion of any additional catered events such as: corporate meetings, weddings and other one-day programs and/or social activities. Develops relationships with local wineries and event locations to develop off-property business and venues for clients. Assists Banquets in ensuring that all functions are set, started and serviced in accordance with standards established by Meadowood, maximizing guest satisfaction and property revenues.
Major Responsibilities & Work Activities
• Make initial client contact when Sales Manager first turns definite. Continue planning with client until group has program and departs Meadowood. Further follow-up to ensure return business after client has departed. Issue resume and event orders to client 30 days prior to arrival (except for short term bookings).
• Return telephone inquiries within 24 hours of receipt
• Ensure that written information requested is mailed within 48 hours.
• Review the event orders and resume with the client in detail to take appropriate action if there are any changes. Communicate all client needs clearly to the Banquet Department and to all other departments.
• Maintain a cordial, professional and courteous manner towards clients at all times.
• Handle special client requests.
• Ensure that personal goals are met in terms or revenue, covers, average check as set forth in annual plan of action for the performance goals, measures and standards.
• Ensure that the Catering Department’s annual goals (both financial and operational) are met as defined by the Director of Wine & Cuisine and/or the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Assist in maximizing Banquet Department labor by planning functions appropriately with regards to venue, menu type, room rental, etc.
• Assist in minimizing departmental operational costs with regards to personal expenditures, amenity gifts, client entertaining, personal phone calls, etc.
• Comply and enforce all credit policies and procedures for the Catering and Conference Services Department
• Comply and enforce all vendor policies and procedures for the Catering and Conference Services Department. Assist the Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager/Director of Catering and/or Director of Wine & Cuisine in selecting vendors that benefit both the client and Meadowood. Will not accept personal financial compensation from any vendors.
• Ability to actively listen and provide clear coherent responses to guest requests. Communicate at all times with the team members
• Communicate with Sales Manager to discuss each booking prior to contacting client to coordinate. Communicate with Sales Manager throughout coordination of group functions keeping them apprised of group experiences.
• Make appropriate departments aware of guest comments, changes in set-up or guarantees and special requirements via daily late-change form, group resume and pre-convention meetings.
• Report pertinent information regarding each group or function, comments and complaints to the Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager and appropriate Sales Manager.
• Maintain positive communication with Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding Departments and Managers. Cooperate with all support departments. Ensure that they have correct information to provide the highest quality of service.
• Hold pre-convention meetings for any function larger than 20 rooms per night, any group with specialized needs, or upon client’s request.
• Communicate with the Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager and Director of Wine & Cuisine regarding any suggested change in standards and implement special assignments as directed.
Food and Beverage experience a must. One-year previous Catering and Conference Services experience, similar management role or obvious strong leadership ability.
900 Meadowood Lane St. Helena, CA 94574 (877) 963-3646